Friday, April 9, 2010

Precious Friends



Hey everyone, it's Friday!

Today's post is a card using some papers that I discovered in my collection last night from K&Company called Blue Awning. I had been looking at these on line and was thinking of purchasing them but to my surprise discovered that I had some in my stash already. (Although, what does that say about my 'stash' - that it is so big that I don't know what I have, or that it is not organized very well??!)

I decided to try an experiment with one of my Quickutz dies in my Epic Six. I cut a cream label using the label die and then just cut off the portion that I needed to make a border to sit underneath the striped border. Then I used one of the Spellbinders label dies to cut the shape for the sentiment. Recently I had to purchase a new cutting mat for my Epic Six and it seems to be thicker than the original one, which affects the way the shapes come out of the machine (not embossed around the edges as they were when using the original cutting mat). To add some extra detail to the edges of the label I used Night of Navy chalk from my Stampin'Up! pastels set.

I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend. (Those of you who know me will laugh at that y'all reference.)

Thanks for hopping over to my blog today!
Sarah

Stamps : Inkadinkado
Ink : Memento Chalk Ink
Paper : SU! Old Olive, Night of Navy, Cream, K&Co Blue Awning DP
Accessories : Spellbinders Label Die, Quickutz Label Die, SU! Pastels

2 comments:

  1. wow, does that sound like me and my stash...lol...paper, ribbon, and buttons are my weaknesses...btw your card is adorable and I luv green and blue together....have a great day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,
    I just am finishing up some blog updates and I wanted to respond to your question about coming back to Toronto. First of all, I just went through your cards and they are gorjuss!!! Man, I don't hardly know what to do if I don't have a colored image to smack in the middle, and your cards make me not wanna color so much. I love just text and stamping, but it's hard for me. I will be in Bella, teaching, the last saturday in May. If you have any other questions about the classes just email or call the store. There are 2 classes and they are different images. Are you going to ScrapFest? Linda and I will be there doing Make-n-Takes with all the ladies next weekend in Kitchener. Nice 'meeting' you Sarah!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I hope you enjoyed my blog and thanks for your comments!

Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails