Friday, April 23, 2010

Inspiring Teacher



Good morning everyone! It's Friday..... !! : )

My creation today is a card for my son's Kindergarten teacher. She is the best teacher in the world! Both my older sons had her for their first year of school and I hope that next year my youngest will be in her class too.

I have to admit that this card is inspired from a design by Amy Sheffer from a few days ago. If you have never seen her blog then you should go right on over to Pickled Paper Designs after finishing here - you won't be disappointed, I promise!

These beautiful school theme papers are from TCP Studios. They were on sale in Michaels and I knew they would be perfect for a teacher appreciation card. The girl reading the book is a stamp from the 'I {Heart} Books' clear set from My Favorite Things. I used PrismaColors to bring some life to this cute girl and then paper pieced the image using very fine scissors (she took a while to cut out and I was afraid I was going to loose her head a few times!!!!!).

Here is a close-up :



The sentiment is absolutely perfect for the teacher that this is intended for - she really is the best of the best and she really is inspiring :




Have a wonderful weekend,
Sarah

Stamps : MFT (Girl reading book)
Paper : SU! (Bravo Burgundy and Cream), TCP Studios School DP
Ink : Staz-on Black
Accessories : PrismaColor Pencils, Spellbinders Label Die

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I hope you enjoyed my blog and thanks for your comments!

Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails