Monday, April 26, 2010

Lilac Avenue Birthday


This weekend I spent a lot of time in my closet. Of course I was making cards but I was also trying to organize my supplies in a more orderly fashion. I think I made some progress but I am going to have to donate some unused or little used items to one of my stamping friends.... A sign that I have been hoarding too much, I'm sure! : )

This is one of my weekend cards. My parents wanted me to make a birthday card for one of their friends in Britain but when I showed them my design they said that in England purple was seen as a 'old lady color'......!! Anyhoo, personally I just love this KaiserKraft DP - it's called Lilac Avenue and the 6x6 paper pad has some beautiful patterns - embossed and glittered, as well as some tags and accessories. I wanted to create a dreamy kind of flower on the front so I found this flower image from Stampendous and stamped it in Memento Chalk ink. The layout was inspired by a scrapbook sketch in the June issue of Creating Keepsakes. The finishing touches are KaiserKraft rhinestones and I punched the small butterfly from more of the Lilac Avenue glittered paper.
Hope your week is off to a great start!
Sarah
Stamps : Stampendous (Flower), SU! (sentiment)
Paper : KaiserKraft Lilac Avenue DP, PTI (White), SU! (Basic Black)
Ink : Memento Chalk ink, SU! Basic Black
Accessories : KaiserKraft Rhinestones, EK Success small butterfly punch, QuicKutz cookie cutter label die

1 comment:

  1. I just received some of this paper as a birthday gift - it is beautiful, and I love the card you created!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I hope you enjoyed my blog and thanks for your comments!

Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails