Monday, May 7, 2012

Niece's Birthday Cake



This cute design was a card I created for my niece in Canada.  She is 16 this year (hard to believe!) but I think she still likes pink!  I don't have too many birthday specific stamps (must buy more stamps... must buy more stamps.... as if I need an excuse!) but I found a Whipper Snapper set from a couple of years ago that had the right kind of birthday cake image.

I added color to the cake using my Prismacolor pencils.  They really are my medium of choice right now - I just can't seem to get Copic coloring right.  What I really need is a Copic class in the Alabama area, but I don't think they have ever come this far south - I'd probably have to go to Atlanta.

I hope you've had a good start to your week?




Stamps : Whipper Snapper (cake), Stampin'Up! (sentiment)
Paper : Basic Grey DP, SU! Certainly Celery and Rose Romance, PTI Vintage Cream
Ink : Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories : Hero arts small gem, pink ribbon from Michaels, SU! Scallop border punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I hope you enjoyed my blog and thanks for your comments!

Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails