Friday, May 18, 2012

Be Still and Know.....



On Wednesday this week I posted a card that I had made for a dear friend going through a very difficult time - this was the alternative.  It actually took me quite a while to decide which one to send to her!  I like both of them so much and of course, they both feature Verve verses!  It also took quite some time before I was happy with my choice of cardstock to match the patterned paper.  I love the paper (TCP Studios) and I knew I had the perfect flowers to use as an accent, but the main cardstock color was a challenge.  In the end my new cardstock organization system proved just how hardworking it is!  I have added all my cardstock to magazine files and put them in color families in separate files with each shade divided by file tabs.  I can see it all at a glance and it makes the choice so much easier.

The main sentiment is stamped on a Cricut diecut from the Lacy Labels cartridge.  That one cartridge has been the single best investment I have made in cardmaking.  I love being able to choose any shape I want and cutting it at any size.  I also have Spellbinders diecuts, but I find that I use the Cricut far more often.

Does anyone else have this cartridge?  Have you found any other uses for it?



Stamps : Verve Plain Jane Scripture Verse
Paper : SU! Mellow Moss and Chocolate Chip, PTI Vintage Cream, TCP Studios Patterned Paper
Ink : Tuxedo Rich Cocoa, Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Fine Linen)
Accessories : Prima Paper Flowers, Bo Bunny Decorative Brad, Kaisercraft pearls colored with Copic markers, Hole piercer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I hope you enjoyed my blog and thanks for your comments!

Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails