Friday, May 25, 2012

Thankful Poppies - Final Teacher Appreciation



This week has been a lot of teacher appreciation!  But they deserve it - I'm not sure I could teach a class of 20 elementary students every day.  I volunteered for 30 minutes in the lunch room last week and that was quite overwhelming!!!!

My card today uses a new Hero Arts stamp that I bought with my Christmas money from my sweet husband.  I had seen a card online using this Poppy stamp and I loved it so much I had to go and find it!  Fortunately my local stamping store has a great Hero Arts section so I was able to find it easily.  It is a solid block image which I stamped using blue chalk ink and then colored in with Prismacolor pencils.  My red background was created using a Stampin'Up! swirl stamp (from a set I forget the name of!) using Versamark for a watermark effect.

The only other detail I added was a couple of green gems either side of the sentiment - otherwise it is quite simple so your attention is drawn to the poppies.

I promise I'm done with teacher appreciation cards now!
Have a wonderful weekend!



Stamps: Hero Arts (poppies), SU! (sentiment)
Paper : PTI Smooth White, SU! Brilliant Blue and Ruby Red
Ink : Versacolor chalk ink (sky blue), SU! Night of Navy
Accessories : TCP Green gems, SU! Oval punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I hope you enjoyed my blog and thanks for your comments!

Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails