Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Elegant Help



My husband and I have a friend, Vicky, whose husband was just in hospital following a stroke.  It was touch and go for a while and we were not sure he would survive, but the whole family was lifted up in prayer on an hourly (or sometimes minute by minute!) basis.  God was so gracious and has granted a remarkable recovery to date.  He is still in rehab but is improving every day.  We give all the glory to God and can see Him at work even in the very small details of such a devastating event.

I made this card as an encouragement for Vicky and I wanted to create something elegant that had just the right verse on the front.  Pink Paislee's Queen Bee paper turned out to be just the pattern I was looking for.  To begin with a struggled to find the right color ribbon (the background paper looks grey by itself, but when I put the olive ribbon next to it, I realized that it was not really grey but a deep olive color.)  The verse is from Verve - naturally most of my encouragement cards feature a Plain Jane Verve stamp - they are so elegant and the font it just perfect.

Thanks for stopping by!



Stamps : Verve (Scripture verse Plain Jane)
Paper : Pink Paislee Queen Bee, PTI Smokey Shadow and Vintage Cream
Ink : Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Marigold)
Accessories : TCP Gems, Ribbon from Michaels, Cricut Lacy Labels Cartridge, EKSuccess Small scallop border punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I hope you enjoyed my blog and thanks for your comments!

Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails