Friday, July 30, 2010

Not quite Mojo Monday!



On Monday I saw the sketch for this week's Mojo Monday (#149) but then the sketch just sat on my desk for most of the week. By Thursday I was itching to try the sketch and also a new 'gStudio' dollar stamp that I picked up from Michaels last month. In the process of creating my card I included some Basic Grey Urban Prairie papers and PTI Smokey Shadow cardstock. I found just the right Copic Markers to match the papers - which is amazing seeing as I only have 20 markers..... : ( and I used Basic Grey brads to add some detail to the sentiment. I faked a scallop-style square using an EKSuccess border punch. I'm not sure the corners worked out quite right but being as it is a dark grey you can't really tell....!!! The reason I named this card 'Not quite Mojo Monday' is due to the fact that I could not seem to include the 3 strips behind the main image without making it look too busy.

Here is the sketch :



Hope you have a wonderful weekend!



Stamps : gStudios, SU! (Sentiment)
Paper : PTI Smokey Shadow and White, Basic Grey Urban Prairie DP
Ink : Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories : Copic Markers, EKSuccess Border punch, Basic Grey Brads, My Little Yellow Bicycle Rub ons (top white corners)

1 comment:

  1. Wow... Sarah this is gorgeous!

    Michelle Perkett Studios has a design team call going on if you are interested, here's a link:
    http://michelleperkettstudio.blogspot.com/2010/08/michelle-perkett-studio-dt-call.html

    I think you'd be a great DT member for them!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I hope you enjoyed my blog and thanks for your comments!

Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails