Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Lois!



Today is my sister-in-law's birthday. Happy Birthday Lois - this card is just for you! As usual I forgot the date and I never seem to send my cards on time.... hope you'll forgive me? I put the real thing in the mail on Friday.

I had fun using these new purple papers from My Mind's Eye but it took a while to come up with the design for the card. I was first of all trying to work from a different sketch and a totally different color scheme but in the end I just had to set it all to one side and work with the papers that were catching my eye.

When I was adding extra detail I was trying not to make it too busy because of the striped paper so I just added some little buttons and a photo corner. The other 'extra' details were sponged ink around the pale purple mat, using a small scallop punch and some cream organdy ribbon to soften the center strip behind the circle.

Thanks for stopping by!



Stamps : Hero Arts (Sentiment and Leaves)
Paper : PTI Plum Pudding and Vintage Cream, My Minds Eye Perfect Posies DP
Ink : VersaColor Aloe Vera and Hydrangea, VersaFine Onyx Black
Accessories : Marvy Large and Medium Circle Punches, Small scallop border punch, SU! Cream Organdy Ribbon, Photo corner die cut using Quickutz Squeeze, Basic Grey Buttons, EKSuccess Small butterfly punch

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card.I love the paper and the colors.TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, awesome purple papers and I love the three buttons in the upper corner. I'm sure your sister in law is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I hope you enjoyed my blog and thanks for your comments!

Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails