Friday, November 11, 2011

Snowy Cottage



My card today was created using a Hero Arts set called - 'Sending Holiday Cheer'.  I has this set last year and tried multiple times to create 'snow' on the roof of the cottage but I was unsuccessful.  I tried glitter, white embossing powder and a pen that was supposed to look like snow when it was heated, but nothing seemed to give the right effect.  Last week I decided to try again with Martha Stewart's flocking powder in Swan.  This time the result was a little more successful but still not exactly the way I think 'snow' should look!  To create even more texture I added Flower Soft in 'Vintage Christmas' to the trees on either side.



Has anyone else tried to create snow on a stamped image?  Were you successful?  What product did you use and where did you buy it from?  Let me know what you think!



Stamps : Hero Arts (Sending Holiday Cheer)
Paper : SU! Basic Black, Bo Bunny DP, PTI White
Ink : Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories : Copic Markers, FlowerSoft (Vintage Christmas), Martha Stewart Flocking Powder in Swan, Cricut Lacy Labels Cartridge, Gold ribbon from Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I hope you enjoyed my blog and thanks for your comments!

Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails