Saturday, November 5, 2011

Giving Thanks


After nearly 5 months I have started making cards again.  We moved house over the summer and it took a long while before I felt settled enough to be creative.  My mojo must have been packed in a box somewhere. But it's back!

My card today is a direct CASE from a beautiful design I saw on Jen Shults blog : deconstructingjen.  She has been a real inspiration to me over these last few weeks.  Her cards are true eye candy and I recommend you go to her blog to check out her beautiful creativity.

Here is a close up shot of the inside :



This card is made from multiple layers and is more like a mini album than a card.  The original idea for this type of card comes from www.splitcoaststampers.com (although it's in the 'tutorial' section somewhere, I don't remember the exact name).  I have been enjoying all the Fall colors here in Alabama (yes, we do have Fall here!) and I wanted to make a card that reflected all the beauty I have seen this week.

Thanks for stopping by - please don't give up on me - I've got lots of other posts planned for this week.





Stamps : Verve (front panel text), Hero Arts (togetherness and greeting text) and Stampin'Up! ('thanks' definition)
Paper : Papertrey Ink Chocolate and Vintage Cream CS, SU! More Mustard and Really Rust CS (retired now I think), Patterned paper from BoBunny
Ink : Memento Rich Cocoa, Tim Holtz Wild Honey Distress Ink
Accessories : Cricut Lacy Labels Cartridge, QuicKutz squeeze leaf die, Copic Markers (on pumpkin), SU! cream organdy ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I hope you enjoyed my blog and thanks for your comments!

Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails