Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Watercolor Daisy



Good morning y'all! I do feel like I have the creative mojo back over these last few days. I am excited to create something beautiful because of personal inspiration rather than following a sketch or competition (although that doesn't mean I will never enter Mojo Monday again or try the Taylored Expressions sketch challenge). I realize that means fewer people may visit my blog because I won't be linked to any other challenge blogs or threads, but I will just learn to live with that because I want to be enthusiastic with my own ideas and not be driven by other deadlines (or my desire to get on a design team..... if it happens, it happens and if not, well ..... it doesn't!!!!)

My card today includes a sweet little image from Whipper Snapper designs. They have some cute whimsical images. Normally I shy away from whimsical cards, but I am trying to push myself out of my comfort zone and try something new.

Instead of using my PrismaColors with this image I tried using my SU! watercolor pencils and an aquapainter. I am pleased with the end result - the effect is soft and subtle. The card is very simple in its design to allow the main image to be center of attention.

Hope you are having a good week?



Stamps : Whipper Snapper Designs
Paper : PTI Smokey Shadow and white, Fancy Pants Celebrate DP
Ink : Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories : SU! Watercolor pencils, Aquapainter, Hero Arts Metallic nail heads

1 comment:

  1. I really like this card, the colors are wonderful together! I love your image too, it's a nice change from all of the Christmas cards I've been seeing.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I hope you enjoyed my blog and thanks for your comments!

Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails