Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall Butterfly



Goodness gracious, it's been nearly a whole month since I made a card and posted here on my blog....!!! In September I was beginning to feel a slave to my blog and keeping it updated. I felt like I was just making cards to post here rather than creating because I enjoyed it - so I took a break. As a family we went to Toronto for two weeks and I set a couple of automatic posts while I was there, but apart from that I have not done anything even vaguely related to cards/stamping or crafts. Oh, apart from visiting Stamping Bella in Toronto - but who can resist visiting such a treasure trove!!!

My creation today is especially for a friend of mine who is currently suffering with back problems and is in a lot of pain. I wanted to create something light, airy and cheerful but still with some autumnal colors blended in. This Hero Arts butterfly stamp is one of my favorites and fit my requirements perfectly. Here is a close up of the main image :



The yellow spots are actually highlighted with a Spica Glitter marker, but unfortunately it does not show up on my camera. It's a beautiful, subtle effect that shimmers more than sparkles!

Hopefully my break from card making will produce many wonderful new creations in the coming weeks!

Thanks for coming back to visit!



Stamps : Hero Arts (Butterfly), Stampin'Up! (sentiment)
Paper : PTI White, SU! Designer Paper
Ink : VersaFine Onyx Black, VersaMagic Chalk ink in Pumpkin Spice
Accessories : PrismaColor pencils, American Crafts ribbon, Martha Stewart Lace border punch, Cricut Lacy Labels cartridge, TPC Studios fall gems

1 comment:

  1. This is really beautiful! I love how you made the butterfly work with the season. I'm new to card-making and was asked to make a congrats card for my mom to take to a wedding she attended. I was happy with the card except that I felt it was too springy and was wishing that it said "October wedding" somehow. I found your blog a couple of months ago and added it to my blog reader. You do wonderful work, and I love your style. I've missed your posts, but I'm glad to know you've enjoyed a refreshing break!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I hope you enjoyed my blog and thanks for your comments!

Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails